Author Topic: Uploading multiple documents  (Read 8700 times)

technomensch

• View Profile
Uploading multiple documents
« on: November 13, 2008, 10:37:52 am »
I am interested in uploading a large number of my existing documents through this tool to my hosting account to use it as a backup.

Is there anyway to either upload or download multiple files? Perhaps either as a full directory, or a zip/tar/gz that the program can uncompress as a directory.  Then the reverse would be true, so the files can be exported or backed up.  Either to my local computer or a backup service like dropbox.

In fact, and maybe this might be the best, enable a synchronize feature so that I can synchronize all my documents with the directory in my local computer.

Or is any of this wishful thinking?

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
Re: Uploading multiple documents
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 12:43:55 pm »
We are working on it.   ;)
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

gylf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 04:54:58 pm »
I 2nd this as my #1 feature request.  My big problem with most CRM applications is how cumbersome it is to deal with documents I generate on my computer.  I like to keep things in a clean folder hierarchy (clients -> name -> matter ).  Being able to just upload and auto-classify a whole hierarchy would be outstanding.

Another big issue I have is the speed of uploading.  Multiple documents would be great.  What about drag-and-drop?  I've seen this in some web applications (see http://www.pagico and Tiddlywiki).  Basically you drop the file (or files?) on the web-browser window and it auto-uploads and classifies. 

ItchySox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 02:52:22 am »
And another thing  ;D

It would be nice to drag and drop from the documents tab to the workspace window... I appear to be able to pick documents up, I just can't put them down.

Bittone

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 11:44:56 am »
Hi there,
and if I may add "Multple attachments " to a single "document" would be nice.

Thank you for your kind attention and your great software.

Bittone

msauter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 07:56:39 am »
To all readers of this thread:

Uploading multiple documents as a ZIP file plus unzipping directly in the Documents section of OpenGoo is implemented since OpenGoo version 1.2.

r1d1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 12:34:05 pm »
Hi there,

is there any chance to say if a multiple UL/DL function will be possible in the near future?

And I don't want to be insolent, I like OGoo very much....but the possibility to copy/paste workspaces, folders and documents would be great.

Thanx very much!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 03:25:26 pm by r1d1 »

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 11:08:58 am »
Hi,

we can add this feature to be available in the sponsor a feature page ...

Interested?