Author Topic: Can't get any notification e-mail...  (Read 2931 times)

loucypher

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Can't get any notification e-mail...
« on: September 07, 2010, 12:41:28 pm »
I installed latest Feng Office CE, and everything went ok (after i changed attributes to 0755 for some scripts that required it).
I added companies, users, projects, workspaces, etc., everything went smooth, besides I can't get any notification e-mail!

I tried the default PHP configuration, and I even tried supplying an SMTP server with user authentication (and it works, because when I type a wrong user/pass I get an AUTH error, otherwise it tells to have success).

Using the e-mail tool I try sending messages, without any luck: seems that they are sent properly, but I don't receive any of them.

Any idea?
~Lou

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Can't get any notification e-mail...
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 01:26:47 pm »
loucypher, read page 2 and 3 here.

Remember that in order to send emails, you have to set up a new email account for your user (or whoever is sending the email)

Greetings!
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

loucypher

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Re: Can't get any notification e-mail...
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 09:45:58 am »
Thanks for the hint: I guess the problem is around the cron job here too, I enabled that from the cPanel of my hosting, but something didn't work at the server's side -- the hosting services guys are still investigating on that (...)

~Lou