Author Topic: Permissions, Settings & Viewable Information  (Read 5986 times)

KenSander

• View Profile
Permissions, Settings & Viewable Information
« on: November 18, 2008, 06:54:34 pm »
New to OpenGoo and have a few questions after some initial testing.

1) With a regular user account, if a user edits their account preferences for tasks to display "Tasks assigned to me is the default view:" as no, I'm finding when they view the tasks tab, it still defaults to their own tasks first, and they have to filter manually.

2) If I setup a client company and add users to this company, they are still able to view all users in the system in the tasks tab beside the filter for 'assigned to' drop down for example. There are other areas where this is visible as well. Is there any way to set this up so users can only view other users in their own company, and the owner company?

3) Anyway to remove the personal workspace that is created for each user? Assuming no, but thought I'd ask anyway.

4) As an administrator, I make sure all workspaces/user permissions are set to 'none' and untick the option for 'read/write for email access, but yet the user can still view the email tab and seems to be able to edit settings. The only way I found a workaround was to manually remove the email tab from the template. Is that the best option? I won't be using email at all.

5) I read the other topic about file upload errors and can say I ran into the same problem. I don't have php in safe mode, but I do have open_basedir restriction in effect. The only workaround I had was to disable it in the directory which OpenGoo resides in. I've talked to some other people and they have the same issue, so I feel this is a flaw with how it handles it. File uploads should still work with openbasedir_restriction in effect. Just a heads up.

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: Permissions, Settings & Viewable Information
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 02:00:52 pm »
1) Yes, that's a bug. Will be fixed.

2) Currently there's no way to configure this. I'll report it too.

3) There's no way for the moment. There has been another user that requested this. Why do you think it is important?

4) The tabs are always displayed, except the temporary ones like Administration, that only shows up when you open something related to administration. We plan to allow configuring tabs on a following release, even on a per workspace basis.

5) We will study this. If you can please try the solution I gave here and tell me if it fixes something for you.

Thanks.

KenSander

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 02:29:22 pm »
Perfect, thanks for the response.

Personally how I would be using the product is for managing my projects with clients. I run a design company (web, print, identity etc) and would be using this product to manage their projects and keep them up to date on progress while making communication easier and better organized.

The reason I wouldn't need a personal workspace is that client users won't need their own workspace. The only ones they would need are for the projects I setup and assign them to. Not a huge deal at all, but I'd have to explain to each of them to just ignore it.

The biggest deal breaker is your answer to question 2) in regards to all clients being able to view all users on the system. I understand they won't have the power to edit, or view much information on them, but still being able to see user's names and companies might be worrisome to them. I also wouldn't want them knowing all this information myself.

So a big +1 on restricting who users can see. I'll have to mull this over, but I really love what you have so far. By far the best free project management software out there bar none.

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 08:34:46 am »
Yes, I understand how big an issue that can be. We gave high priority to this bug so it will be fixed for 1.1, but version 1.1 stable is scheduled for late december.

patollab

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 03:28:22 am »
Hi,

excellent work so far. Congratulations for the new company.

- -
2) If I setup a client company and add users to this company, they are still able to view all users in the system in the tasks tab beside the filter for 'assigned to' drop down for example. There are other areas where this is visible as well. Is there any way to set this up so users can only view other users in their own company, and the owner company?
by KenSander

re:
2) Currently there's no way to configure this. I'll report it too.
it will be fixed for 1.1,
by Ignacio

- -
The 1.1 is live, but the problem still exist. A client's user can see all the other client and company owner's team with the task module and others.
Will it be fixed in 1.2?

thanks,

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 11:01:23 am »
It was supposed to be fixed. I don't remember if it made it to 1.1 or it will be available in 1.2. I'll have an answer on monday.

Thanks.

KenSander

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 03:50:03 pm »
It was fixed in RC1. I haven't tested final yet, been busy with the holidays, but I know for sure it is there in RC1. I just tested again logged in as client, and can't see other companies than own.

Hopefully code didn't revert back.

KenSander

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 04:07:21 pm »
Just upgraded to the final version and works okay on mine.

Logged in as regular client account, viewed tasks, selected the drop down menu for filter tasks assigned to, and could only see client company. No other users were shown.

enodren

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2009, 12:51:15 pm »
I was just testing this and found that from within the time tracking module you can still see all users from the User drop-down. It would e great if the same company filter was applied here as well.

Steve

carlos

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2009, 04:14:20 pm »
There is a new restriction in version 1.3, only administrators can assign time slots to users other than themselves. In version 1.4 this will be a configurable option per user.

This will effectively hide the users drop-down for client users in the time tracking module.

leelaobjects

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2009, 06:29:20 am »
I found I can resolve this by editing the function user_select_box in  /application/helpers/application.php as follows:

Code: [Select]
function user_select_box($list_name, $selected = null, $attributes = null) {
if (logged_user()->isMemberOfOwnerCompany())
$users = Users::getAll();
else
$users = Companies::getOwnerCompany()->getUsers();

This was the client can see only owner company timekeepers in the drop down.

kristjanmik

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2009, 10:34:11 am »
I currently have a related problem.
I have added many companies to the system, and it all works fine.
But when people go to the workspace folder "all" they can see all the contact which have been made in the system.

Example:

This is the contact tree
+all
  - Apple
  - Microsoft
  - Ubuntu family
     - Ubuntu

Apple add a contact, a very secret contact but Microsoft can still see the contact. Even Ubuntu can see the secret contact

Is there already a solution to add permission to only the current workspace and sub workspace so they f.ex. ubuntu cant se Ubuntu family contacts, but Ubuntu family can see Ubuntu contacts, or can someone helpful find the solution?