Author Topic: Viewing objects  (Read 1978 times)

mpolichette

• View Profile
    • Email
Viewing objects
« on: August 05, 2010, 03:11:59 pm »
I'm really happy with feng office!

I may be completely off base here, but I find myself frustrated with the way objects (tasks, milestones, contacts, users, etc...) are viewed in feng office. 

My main concern is the layout, it makes sense when I open a task from the task list that the task opens "on top" of the task list.  However, navigating back to the task list is frustrating, the close button is far off the the right, whereas most of the rest of the navigation is left-screen based.  I have a wide monitor, meaning I have to move the mouse all the way over, and back, sometimes back and forth if i'm looking at the details of a couple different tasks.

Maybe it would be nice to think about changing the way object details are viewed, instead of taking up the whole "viewing area" maybe have them "pop up" maybe in a lightbox-like way. (not all flashy or animated though) This way it would almost look like a window ontop of the task list (which is still visible behind the details box).

Anyway, this is just an Idea, and is by no means functional problem, simply thinking about the "feeling" of using feng office.

Thanks for making such a great product and keep up the good work!
-Matt

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
Re: Viewing objects
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 06:00:36 pm »
Hi Matt,

Thanks for sharing this idea.

We care about usability and will consider your comments for our next major interface redesign.

Best !