Author Topic: Milestone list pulled from everywhere?  (Read 2801 times)

1luca

• View Profile
Milestone list pulled from everywhere?
« on: August 18, 2010, 02:32:52 pm »
Hi, when I'm selecting a milestone for a task I'm seeing milestones from another workspace.

I expected that I'd be restricticted to only seeing milestones in my current workspace. Doesn't showing milestones from all other workspaces defeat the object of organizing tasks into workspaces?

I'm also likely to use identically named milestones in different workspaces (for repeated action groups). It'll be tricky if when I go to pick, I see list of all these identically named milestones...

Am I correct that this is how Feng Office works right now?  Am I missing anything?

1luca

• View Profile
Re: Milestone list pulled from everywhere?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 03:37:31 pm »
Although I'd still like to know the answer to this, I've shifted to using Parent/Sub tasks. They seem great! Well suited to my needs.

I discovered to my pleasure that if a parent task is saved as a template, when you later create-new-task from-template , all sub tasks are added automatically. Bravo! That's the sort of functionality I like. (This product needs video tutorials though.)

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 09:04:16 am »
In a given workspace you should only be able to see the milestones stored in the current workspace and its subworkspaces.

Glad you found a solution with subtasks !

mpolichette

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 12:48:38 pm »
I think i ran into this problem when i was trying to use templates.  Are you using templates to create your milestones?

-Matt