Author Topic: [URGENT] Better facility for multiple email addresses  (Read 3848 times)

brendonhatcher

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
[URGENT] Better facility for multiple email addresses
« on: August 29, 2010, 10:44:29 am »
Hi

Within Feng Office, I have several email accounts - each user, as well as some generics - sales@, support@, accounts@ etc.

I was hoping to be able to assign default email addresses to specific workspaces - so, for example, all emails sent from the Sales workspace are sent be default from sales@domain.com.  It looks like this is impossible, with the default account applying to all workspaces.

So, my next best option is, when sending each email, to click "from" and adjust the outgoing email address.  However, the "from" option is collapsed by default.  This means that my staff frequently forget to change the outgoing email address.

This is a HUGE problem.  They are monitoring the inbox for a specific account, but the reply is going to the default mail account instead.  When they have the email account filter active, they will never see the reply.

Can anyone suggest a suitable workaround?  Even something as simple as making "from" expanded by default would be great (I can hack, but not program, so code examples would be useful).

Thanks
Brendon

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: [URGENT] Better facility for multiple email addresses
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 02:06:06 pm »
Well, you or your staff may edit the Email Account and set it as default.. would that help you at all?
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

gwest39

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 02:34:46 pm »
To have the "From" account selection show by default every time you send an e-mail, just make the following simple edits to the "/fengoffice/application/views/mail/add_mail.php" file. (This is from Feng Office version 1.7.2)

On line 196 change "display:none" to "display:block".

Code: [Select]
<div id="add_mail_account" style="display:block;">

That's all you really need to do to have it show by default. The "og.toggleAndBolden" function on the "From" link will toggle the CSS style "display:block" to "display:none" when you click on it, and vice versa.

To also make the "From" link bold by default (since the "From" account selection is visible by default) just add style="font-weight:bold" to line 182.

Code: [Select]
<a href="#" class="option" style="font-weight:bold" onclick="og.toggleAndBolden('add_mail_account', this);og.resizeMailDiv();"><?php echo lang('mail from'?></a> -

The "og.toggleAndBolden" function will also toggle the "font-weight:bold" and "font-weight:normal" CSS styles for the "From" link at the same time as hidding and showing the "From" account selection. This second step isn't neccessary for functionality as the "From" link just wouldn't be bold at first until the first time you click it, and then after that it will match up with being bold when the "From" account selection is visible and at a normal font-weight when it is not.

I also attached the modified "add_mail.php" file (from Feng Office version 1.7.2) for your reference. (You need to be logged in to download the file and then remove the .txt extension from the file name after downloading.)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 02:37:43 pm by gwest39 »

brendonhatcher

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 12:15:23 pm »
Worked perfectly, thanks.

Brendon