Author Topic: Importing  (Read 3064 times)

Forboding Angel

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Importing
« on: September 19, 2010, 10:30:55 pm »
Really liking what I'm seeing in Feng Office, but importing is really in need of loving. Can't import to any of the custom fields, and the only recourse I'm left with is to create a new workspace for each type of vendor.

Would someone please show me how I'm doin it rong?

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Importing
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 03:34:10 pm »
Hello, what exactly are you importing and which problems do you have?
Greetings!
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

Forboding Angel

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 07:01:22 pm »
For example, lets say I have a csv with thousands of vendors. Those vendors each have a type field. Like for example:

Vendor Type
Metalworker
Painter

And etc.

Atm, there is now way for me to import those custom fields when I do a mass import and the only way to get them back in is to add a global custom field for all.

The only other way to do it atm is to create a new workspace for each type and separate the list by type.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 10:22:19 am »
Uhm, what about adding a Custom Property for contacts named 'Vendor Type' as a string?

Greetings!
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

Forboding Angel

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 11:15:17 am »
You mean adding a global custom property to contacts? Yeah, I tried that, but that does not add that custom property to the mapping on the import screen. Thats what I tried first because it seemed reasonable to me that that might be the case, but no such luck apparently.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 01:24:03 pm »
Yes, that is what I meant, but my bad, you will not be able to do it that way. This is something we have yet to develop and will take into account for our future versiones.. sorry!
Best regards,
Francisco

Forboding Angel

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 08:53:31 pm »
Oi, that is particularly bad for me. Big time foul ball. Could this perhaps be slated for the next release? Not allowing custom fields in importing is a huge shortcoming and not one that I want to have to admit to my superiors.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 04:19:55 pm »
Unfortunately we are dealing with other things right now, so we will not be able to do it yet.. however, if you happen to get someone to develop such feature or if you would like to support it along other users, we would be happy to add it in a future version.
Best regards,
Francisco

Forboding Angel

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 10:58:38 pm »
Hey, thread necro. Just checking in. Has there been any movement on this?