Author Topic: Workflow - tracking which tasks have been invoiced  (Read 2291 times)

brendonhatcher

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Workflow - tracking which tasks have been invoiced
« on: September 28, 2010, 06:54:56 am »
Hi

We have a complex but fairly common situation...

We use Feng Office to track tasks.
Some are billable - e.g. client projects
Some are not billable - e.g. internal work and client support

Billable tasks need to be selectable so that the finance person can invoice once they are complete.
Invoicing happens on an ad hoc basis throughout the month, with a big push at the end of the month :-)

I alreadu have a custom property to separate billable from non-billable tasks.
However, I cannot think of a simple way to track which tasks have already been invoiced for, and which not.

This is giving me sleepless nights thinking about the client work we do which simply never gets paid for.

Given the number of tasks the finance person has to process, I need a really simple way for them to mark off invoiced tasks.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Brendon

damendieta

• View Profile
Re: Workflow - tracking which tasks have been invoiced
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 11:01:58 pm »
Well, I have the same problem, I manage that like this.

Any billable task has a sub-task for the billing process and the person who complete the task assign the sub-task to the person in charge of billing. Then, when the person in charge make the invoice, put the number of the invoice in a "time slot" and complete the task.

That way, everyone knows the number of invoice for each task.

To separate the billable tasks from the normal tasks use a tag, that is the simplest way.

Hope it works for you.

Daniel..

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Workflow - tracking which tasks have been invoiced
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 01:46:24 pm »
Hello! You may add a new custom property to tasks, a boolean one, which users may have to change to true when the task has been invoiced. Or you may also add a tag named "invoiced", and you would just have to tag the task.
Remember you can filter tasks by tags in current version, but not by custom properties.. at least not yet!
Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!