Author Topic: Update local Android calendar from feng calendar feed (one way )  (Read 3320 times)

Rendrix

• View Profile
Update local Android calendar from feng calendar feed (one way )
« on: November 30, 2010, 01:13:28 pm »
While we wait for ressources to become available for developing proper sync for mobile devices (e.g. Funambol), I've discovered sort of a poor mans sync for Android calendar:

1. From Android market find and install "iCal Import/Export" and run it.
2. In "Choose calendar to edit:" select calendar you want to import entries into
2. Click 'Set URL' button and insert your Feng Calendar feed
3. Click "Load iCal file" button. If it goes well, amount of found events will be displayed.
4. Press "Insert entries" to insert them into the calendar.

This will actually insert into the corresponding google calendar you selected, and subsequently kick through on your Android device.

NOTE! Only tested with fairly few calendar entries (250). Use at your own risk, and consider that a huge amount of entries could be inserted into your calendar, which could be hard to revert (fortunately app has button Delete entries based on the feng feed, so you should be able to reverse it).

Tested on Desire HD (Froyo). Feng 1.7.2
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 01:17:28 pm by Rendrix »

cloo

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • cloo
Re: Update local Android calendar from feng calendar feed (one way )
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 08:15:10 am »
It is one-way one-time import, and for updating your events you have to repeat the procedure... right?

Monaco

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 08:54:29 am »
Yes you have to repeat the procedure in the sense that you have to click Import button each time you want to update your calendar and select subsequent option  "Look for duplicates" to erase old calendar entries before the app downloads all entries once again.

Procedure takes approx. 45 secs. for me with my current amount of calendar entries.

Far from perfect, and  feng->googlecalendar->android oneway sync only, but much better than nothing. Actually works ok for me.

But hey proper sync capability in feng would be hugely appreciated :)

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 05:00:53 pm »
While we wait for ressources to become available for developing proper sync for mobile devices...

Check!  :D
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.