Author Topic: Issue with Gmail - need some help  (Read 1792 times)

inreflection7

• View Profile
Issue with Gmail - need some help
« on: November 20, 2010, 12:48:24 am »
I'm new to Feng and already see that it can do a lot but I need some help with getting my Gmail account to work with Feng.

I read all of the related posts on the forum and they didn't do much for my situation. I double, triple and beyond checked that I had my settings right and even tried switching from IMAP to POP3 and still have a strange result. Here is a quick breakdown of what's going on:

When I setup my account it will only pull in around 30 messages, all from last year in 2009. I have several hundred emails dating from today. Why would it be that only 30 from last year are coming in? I made sure to select the box (or even tried selecting all) for the IMAP setting and nothing worked.

I checked several times that my settings were typed in right - correct port - no typos and what have you and still nothing.

I have to note that I'm using Google Apps with my own domain name, the free version not the pro account but I don't think that would even matter. But would it make a difference that I'm on Apps and not a user@gmail.com? The settings are still imap.gmail.com so I don't see why I'm having such trouble getting my emails to come in.

Any insight would be appreciated.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Issue with Gmail - need some help
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 03:18:36 pm »
Hello inreflection7, welcome to Feng Office Forums!
Actually, what you mention is fine.. have you checked the FAQ in my signature yet? You just need to change some settings in your installation, and that is it!

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

inreflection7

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 12:53:05 pm »
Hey Francisco thanks for getting back to me. I checked out the link in your signature and have actually read this one before. I worked through the steps again, double checking my work, and yet it still only has those 31 e-mails from 2009. I checked my cron and that seems to be fine since its set at the default. I left the default at receiving 10 e-mails at a time as well.

Any ideas as to what I could be missing?

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 10:16:27 am »
Have you tried clicking on "Check mails"? Are you sure you are getting the emails from the right folder and not from another one? You might want to set up a new email account in your Feng Office and set it as IMAP in being careful when selecting the folder.
Last but not least, silly question but.. are you 100% sure you still have all those hundred emails?

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!