Author Topic: Blank Page - Help!  (Read 23863 times)

kap

• View Profile
Re: Blank Page - Help!
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2009, 08:47:42 am »
Hi,

I have installed 1.3 final on ubuntu 8.0.4r2 and there was not a problem with blank page after installation

Paul

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2009, 12:42:36 pm »
Hi all,

after first time installation and successful login, the dashboard will be initialized with several parameters. Two of them raise exceptions and the following screen will be blank. Changing the appropriate calling routines will load the dashboard with success.

In the file ROOT_URL/opengoo/application/controllers/DashboardController.class.php replace the line 75
$comments = Comments::getSubscriberComments(active_project(), $tag);
with this line
$comments = (active_project() instanceof Project) ? Comments::getSubscriberComments(active_project(), $tag) : '';
and replace the line 120
$tasks_in_progress = ProjectTasks::getOpenTimeslotTasks(logged_user(),logged_user(), active_project(), $tag,$to_company,$to_user);
with this line
$tasks_in_progress = (active_project() instanceof Project) ? ProjectTasks::getOpenTimeslotTasks(logged_user(),logged_user(), active_project(), $tag,$to_company,$to_user) : null;

If you prefer to comment the old codelines be sure to change the right lines after inserting. I would like to deliver a better workaround but it should work until next minor upgrade release.

tchu

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2009, 05:05:27 am »
Hi,

I've one OG installation, on Xampp 1.6.7 for Windows, that kept failing at last step after entering administrator info for login. It halted for a long period until finally a blank page. There's no sign of what have happened, no log.php left, even after seting debug as true, commenting the line for 'COOKIE_PATH' and deleting autoloader.php. Only an IDE installed in the PC popuped an error sign of apache.exe not processing in win32. But other applications like Joomla 1.5 or dotProject were all working fine. This problem happened in both upgrading from OG 1.2 to 1.3 (incl. 1.3 & 1.3.1) and a brame new installation of 1.3 or 1.3.1. I've tested it repeatedly even after switching to a brame new Xampp 1.7 but all the same in that PC.
On the other hand, I installed OG 1.3 on 2 other PC's which have been working fine so far.

Really don't know why. Please help!

Thanks.

geebee

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2009, 05:48:37 pm »
I'm not sure if there is a single reason for the blank page problem.  If I tried to install on any machine, which accessed the Internet through our proxy server then it failed with a blank page after the administrator login.  Fortunately I was able to bypass the proxy and the installation completed.  I could then use as normal.

tchu

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2009, 03:01:21 am »
Hi, geebee

Your answer for my problem really works. Many thanks.
Still wondering why OG 1.3*  would have this problem that all older versions don't have.

Vcoder

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2009, 03:08:49 pm »
Today I tried to install opengoo 1.3.1 and got blank page too. This blank page is because automatic update is again enabled by default. And if opengoo.org is unreachable from computer (computer is behind a proxy or firewall) - we receive a blank page.

Solution is very simple - before finishing installation just unplug network cable. Create admin account, log in and disable auto updates. That's all - You can plug network cable back and use opengoo.

I had already wrote about this problem and shortly after that automatic update was disabled. And I am very surprised that it was enabled again.

P.S. Sorry if my English is not good - it's not my native language.