Author Topic: Accelerating backups  (Read 455 times)

lucity

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Accelerating backups
« on: August 02, 2022, 08:33:22 am »
If you have problems with backups, what to do. To be more precise, the backup speed has dropped dozens of times. Previously the backup took us about 2 hours, now it takes about 10 hours. And this is a lot, everything seems to be working properly, at the software level too.

Justik

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Re: Accelerating backups
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2022, 09:26:47 am »
Maybe something happened to the equipment after all. Or someone has changed the code in the backup software. Data sampling is not done correctly, maybe every field is searched and it takes a long time.

lucity

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2022, 09:27:54 am »
As I said there is nothing wrong with the program, I have looked through the program several times, there are no changes. Rolled back even to the time when everything worked fine, there were no changes in the code.

Justik

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2022, 09:28:34 am »
Maybe there are too many bad sectors. I think this assumption is wrong, so most likely, something with the hardware or perhaps the database is not sampled correctly. If the problem is in the hardware, I recommend you replace it with a newer and better quality. We bought backup https://www.starwindsoftware.com/backup-appliance equipment from this company for our server. We are happy with the subsequent result.