Author Topic: OpenGoo 0.6.6 released  (Read 23968 times)

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
OpenGoo 0.6.6 released
« on: June 24, 2008, 01:56:49 am »
OpenGoo 0.6.6 is out, with lots of goodies:

• Workspace Hierarchy. It is now possible to create workspaces inside workspaces! This allows for more flexibility to organize your work. For example, you could have in your Company a workspace for Development, which you can now subdivide into workspaces for Programming, Testing, Design, etc. When browsing the Development workspace you can see all of the items of all its child workspaces in a single, unified view.
  • Better Search. Searching for you files, contacts or mail is much more user-friendly now. Look and feel, as well as the underlying mechanism, were enhanced to improve your searching experience.
  • Better Usability. Adding and editing items is now easier. We put lots of thinking into the User Interface (UI), so we expect an improved overall experience. Feedback is not only welcome, but necessary.
  • Small improvements and bug fixing. Many small improvements were made and many bugs were solved. OpenGoo is now compatible with PHP versions 5.0 and 5.1.
  • Upgrading. Last but definitely not least, OpenGoo can now be easily upgraded while still keeping your information. Starting from version 0.6.4 you can upgrade OpenGoo by following the instructions on the readme.txt file, and you can enjoy all of the new functionality without any hassle to migrate your previous data.

Next Steps

We are still working on making OpenGoo a more stable product. There are several bugs to fix and things to improve, and there's a long list of new features to add. OpenGoo is currently beta quality software, so you are not advised to use it on a production environment. However, it is usable, and in fact we ourselves are using it internally. So one more time: use at your discretion.

Some features that will be available on the next (version 0.7, mid-July) release are:

• Sharing items between different workspaces
  • Improved task management
  • Overall usability issues
  • More bugs fixed (less bugs)

Please help OpenGoo by reporting any bugs you find. You can do so at the SourceForge.net tracker for OpenGoo. Thank you!
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

tgeorge

Re: OpenGoo 0.6.6 released
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 03:27:02 am »
Pretty nice. It's getting better and better.
I think now UI is top-class of web office :)

Cheers!

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 12:33:43 pm »
Great to know you liked it !
Feel free to make suggestions ...

amejat

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 05:32:14 pm »
First, great work !

I did not use opengoo since before 0.6 version. Today, I tried 0.6.6 and the improvements are impressive !

Just two things:
- First after logging in, I systematically have a "server could not be reached" message" but after everything seems to work fine.
- Second, I could not find the spreadsheet application (?). When I choose new  document, I only have documents and presentations... Did you remove it or do I have a problem with my install ?

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 01:20:43 pm »
Hello amejat,
glad to hear that you liked the system. About your comments:
- "server could not be reached" is a very generic error and should appear only when an AJAX response does not reach the browser. To have moe info we need you to set debug parameter to true in OPENGOO_DIR/config/config.php, reproduce the error, and seng us the file OPENGOO_DIR/cache/log.php
- about spreadsheets: we used to have a basic editor we didn't like at all. It was neither complete nor visually appealing. Consequently, we presented a propposal for a project in the biggest local University. Three students are now working on the new spreadsheets editor. In the meanwhile we decided to remove the previuos component.
Thank you for your words,
Marcos