Author Topic: OpenGoo 1.1  (Read 24071 times)

ignacio

• View Profile
OpenGoo 1.1
« on: December 30, 2008, 04:06:10 pm »
OpenGoo 1.1 is the new stable version of OpenGoo, recommended over 1.0. It is the result of a new development cycle that we have been following since 1.0, in order to achieve more stability with our new releases. OpenGoo 1.1 has been thoroughly tested by the community and ourselves to ensure that most of the bugs were corrected.

Is OpenGoo 1.1 bug-free? Most certainly not. Like with most software, it would be impossible to test OpenGoo under all possible configurations, so bugs may arise, and if they do we count on you to report them and help all of the community. However, we are confident that this release is the most stable version of OpenGoo to date.

Here's a quick overview of the new features since 1.0:
    - Trash can. Object's can now be moved to the trash can, so that you don't lose them permanently when deleting them.
    - Objects now have an autogenerated unique id to identify them.
    - Import contacts from a CSV file.
    - New Time tracking tab.
    - Quick edit for tasks in the Tasks interface.
    - New webservices API.
    - Usability and performance improvements
    - Many bug fixes.

You can download the new version here: https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=191520&package_id=224940&release_id=650319

You can report bugs here: http://bugs.opengoo.org

kitkatneko

• View Profile
Re: OpenGoo 1.1
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 09:22:20 am »
congratulations!!!
I am going to try this right away.

Just one thing though, should there be any automation via the upgrade section?

rportinga

• View Profile
    • Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 11:56:04 am »
just cause I had to dig a bit to find this out...

to upgrade, go to..

http://youopengooaddress.com/public/upgrade

Rob Portinga
Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.

lavigi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 09:36:34 pm »
Hey there,

I tried the suggestion above, but the only upgrade options I was given were from 0.6.4 to 0.6.6, from 0.6.6 to 0.7 and from 0.7 to 0.8... and I could not make any of those work anyway, When I tried to go from 0.6.4 to 0.6.6 I was told "Failed to execute DB schema transformations. MySQL said: Duplicate column name 'start_date' ".

Is there any way I can back up my opengoo database, perform a fresh install of 1.1 and then restore my data?

Thanks in advance, kind regards.

rportinga

• View Profile
    • Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 11:24:30 am »
hmm..  I had the 1.0-1.1 option when I did mine...
Rob Portinga
Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.

BunyipCatcher

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 12:04:07 pm »
Thanks for the upgrade and the hard work youre putting into this.  Its much appreciated. 

I get the same trying this route as well.  best upgrade is 0.9->1.0  I thought I had installed 1.0?

I also tried the upgrade button from my administration panel and it says that there is no upgrade available.  Does this button work?

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 03:08:30 pm »
The upgrade button in administration is not working. It will on next version.

If you can't see an option to upgrade from 1.0 to 1.1 it may be because you didn't correctly extract the files in the 1.1 zip to the opengoo folder. What may have happened is that you either extracted the 'opengoo' folder into the root folder of your installation, instead of the contents of the 'opengoo' folder, or you have extracted it to another directory, or you extracted a wrong version. If you correctly extracted the zip file you should have a file called 'BondiolaUpgradeScript.class' in 'public/upgrade/scripts/'.

Hope that solves it.

lavigi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 11:11:58 am »
Hello,
Thanks for all your help. I have made some progress... I have managed to bring my OpenGoo to version 1.0. However, when I try to upgrade from 1.0 to 1.1 by choosing that option in http://<my site>/public/upgrade, this is the error message I get:

Failed to execute DB schema transformations. MySQL said: Duplicate entry 'enable_email_module' for key 2

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot (for helping me out, but especially for creating OpenGoo!)

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 07:16:00 pm »
If you are getting that error maybe you already executed the upgrade script before. Just in case, try removing or commenting lines 6 and 7 of file 'public/upgrade/templates/db_migration/bondiola.php' and try again. If you get another 'Duplicate entry' error you could keep trying removing lines, or you can assume that you already ran this script and so already upgraded to 1.1.