Author Topic: A few things left to figure out  (Read 5628 times)

cstackpole

• View Profile
A few things left to figure out
« on: December 31, 2008, 05:45:32 pm »
I just discovered OpenGoo today. I have been looking at and testing several products that are similar, but I was not happy with any of them. In less then an hour after being told about OpenGoo, I had done the install and gotten most everything done that I was wanting! It is so easy and straight forward that I have to give extreme accolades to the dev team and all involved!

While I am progressing forwards at a quick pace and I am finding several of my questions answered in the forums, there are a few things that I still have questions on that I have yet to find a suitable answer to. I would appreciate any feedback.

1) I created several workspaces for a few projects I am working on and then I created a bunch of time records for those workspaces/projects. I spread an 8 hour work day over 3 projects. Members I assigned to the workspaces can see the times I recorded and I can see theirs. That is great. However, one aspect I have not been able to find is a listing either by person or by group that a manager could use to see how much time was spent on all projects or how I spent my 8 hours. A manager could go project by project and add them all up for each employee, but that would be cumbersome for a large set of projects. Am I missing something? I saw a few different conversations that were somewhat similar but not quite what I was looking for.

2) I created a Note, a Task, a Presentation, and a Document that all had the key word 'Yadda' somewhere inside of them. Then I did a search for yadda, Yadda, and *Yadda*. The Notes and Tasks came back every time (unless I was in a different workspace of course; I figured that out quickly). However, the presentation and document never came back at all.
I found this:
You can search within online editable documents and presentations as well.1) But you can't search within Word documents, PDFs and similar uploaded documents.
1) This was broken but should be fixed in the next release
http://wiki.opengoo.org/doku.php?id=search

I am using the latest 1.1 release (says so at the bottom right of the screen) but I am not sure if this was fixed or if I am just doing something wrong. Any comments welcomed.

3) When uploading a file, I tried giving it a valid weblink (it was to a pdf) and OpenGoo did not like that. The browser stopped responding for a second then it refreshed the page. No file was uploaded. Is this a bug, a problem on my end, or is this something that is totally not supported?

4) Passwords are sent in emails as plain text. When selecting a random password, this is fine. However, when I specify a password I don't want it sending it out plain text to an email account! I tried looking but have not found any information on configuring that. At the very least I would appreciate a warning when I select the password option.

I have been looking and I will continue to look through the forums to find my answers. I will post back if I can answer my questions but I would appreciate any feed back others might have.

Thanks!

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: A few things left to figure out
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 03:48:24 pm »
1) I'm not sure if this is what you are talking about, but there's a Print Report link on the Time tab, on the General Timeslots panel. There you can filter by workspace, user and date, and group by several categories. Have you tried that?

2) I can see that search is not working correctly for documents and presentations. I'll report the bug.

3) This is not supported. You can only upload files from your computer, by browsing to the file. Though it's a good idea to support fetching files from URLs.

4) You can choose not to send an email when creating a user. A warning would be nice, I agree.

cstackpole

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 02:28:48 pm »
1) I had not discovered that till you mentioned it. It isn't exactly what I was looking for, but it does everything we need and makes it look a lot better too! So overall, very happy with that. Thank you!

2) Thank you for reporting. This is something I am _very_ interested in.

As for the rest, Thank you for informing me. It was very useful to me.

BTW, I am very impressed. OpenGoo is gaining a lot of followers here. It started out as a product I was testing and evolved in a matter of a single week to everyone in my group needing access and my boss asking me to put it on a production server instead of my dev box. That speaks volumes to me about how easy it is to use and how good of a product it is.

Thank you Devs!

carlos

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 11:11:56 am »
2) has been fixed, will be available for version 1.2.. thanks for notifying this bug!

stefan

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 05:47:43 pm »
Hi Carlos,

looking at the FengOffice online demo on fengoffice.com this bug has not been fixed. The search engine does not seem to be able to search inside online editable documents.

So please fix this bug.

Best regards

Stefan

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 10:30:03 am »
It is now working in version 1.7, but only for new documents, because the problem was that documents were not being indexed.

alsyno

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 12:31:22 am »
Hi all,

I have already tested version 1.7.5-rc2 and 1.7.3.1 but it seems I am still not able to search within the .html documents that I've created. Am I missing something here?

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 01:01:51 pm »
We currently are working on improving the Search function, but it is not as easy as it may sound.
Either way, you currently are not able to search for text within html files and I make no promises as what will it happen later as it is not 100% defined yet.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!