Author Topic: Unable to add time to tasks  (Read 8585 times)

enodren

• View Profile
Unable to add time to tasks
« on: January 03, 2009, 04:54:59 pm »
I would imagine that someone else would have already reported this, but I didn't come up with anything by searching.

From the tasks view, I click edit and under Time Worked I enter hours (using decimals... 1.5 for example). I click Save changes and get a Success drop down saying that the changes have been saved. Yet, the time does not show up under the Time view, nor is it there when I edit the task again. Is this a known issue or am I doing something incorrectly?

Fantastic product, BTW. My partners and I searched high and low for a system like this and I finally convinced them that OpenGoo was the way to go.

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: Unable to add time to tasks
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 02:31:32 pm »
It should be visible in the task's view (you get there by clicking on the task's name).

enodren

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 12:09:09 pm »
Yes, it's there thanks.

It would be useful to not only have a field to add time from quick edit, but another that reports the total time for the task, otherwise it's unclear as to whether any time has been entered.

More importantly, the time entered for tasks in this way do not show up on the Time tab, nor is available in reports.

Thanks for your insight.

Steve

enodren

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 03:06:50 pm »
Currently there is no way to review or report time logged with individual tasks without going to the individual task view. The Report function from the Time tab gives an error when anything other than General timeslots are reported and there are no Timeslots listed on the Time tab under All active tasks.

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 11:12:30 am »
The time report should be working ok. What error is it giving you?

enodren

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 02:44:15 pm »
So, I'm using OpenGoo 1.1 beta.

From the Tasks tab I edit a task and add hours for today. Works as expected.

I go to the Time tab. First nothing shows up under All active tasks, I would expect any tasks that I have logged hours for to show up here. Only time posted under General timeslots is visible.

I click on Print report. I set the date to Today. I set the timeslots to Task and general timeslots. I set the User to myself. I set the Workspace to the proper workspace and check include subworkspaces. Then I click Generate report. This produces an Error 500: OK pop-down. If I change the date to any date (this week, last week, this month, etc...) or the Workspace to any workspace it still does not work. If I change Timeslots to Task timeslots, it gives the same error. If I change to just General timeslots, the report is generated, but only for time entered under the general timeslots category, no task times are displayed.

I hope this helps isolate the issue.

carlos

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 07:14:58 pm »
Sorry for the delay in the reply, I have just been testing the steps you gave in your last post and haven't found any errors both on v.1.1 and 1.2 alpha.

So far we have not seen another report on this bug,, what could be happening is, there may be some inconsistencies in your database (caused by another unidentified bug) which are causing this error to occur. You could check on the log file to see if there are any messages (found on /cache/log.php), if you see anything wrong please post it in this thread and we'll see if we can find the bug.

As to the active tasks panel, this panel shows the tasks on which you are currently working (in all workspaces) and counting time on: this can be done viewing the task and clicking on "Start work" which will start a timer, or by clicking on the clock in the tasks panel. The purpose of the Active Tasks panel is to have an easy access to these tasks so as to pause, resume or stop working on them. However the ability to display task timeslots as in a "latest task timeslots" panel might be a useful feature, we'll have it in mind for future releases.

Thanks anyway for your report,

Carlos

enodren

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 12:53:38 am »
Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay, I'm a newb and my partner handles the installation. We we're able to activate the debugging, but didn't find anything in the log file (not sure if we we're checking it properly and couldn't find any documentation on this). We did get an error message, which I have pasted below, I don't know if this helps tracking down this issue. Let me know.

Code: [Select]
Error (DBQueryError)
Query failed with message 'Unknown column 'og_project_tasks.deleted_by' in 'where clause''
Error params:
File: /home8/caseproj/public_html/pm/environment/library/database/adapters/AbstractDBAdapter.class.php
Line: 378
Sql: SELECT `og_timeslots`.* FROM `og_timeslots`, `og_project_tasks`, `og_projects` WHERE `object_manager` = 'ProjectTasks' and og_project_tasks.id = object_id and og_project_tasks.deleted_by = 0 and og_project_tasks.project_id = `og_projects`.id and og_project_tasks.project_id in (11, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 27, 28, 29, 30, 32, 35, 36, 37, 38, 44, 47, 48, 49, 50, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62) and `start_time` >= '2009-01-21 05:00:00' and `end_time` < '2009-01-22 04:59:59' and `user_id` = 2 order by `start_time`
Error number: 1054
Error message: Unknown column 'og_project_tasks.deleted_by' in 'where clause'
Backtrace:
#0 /home8/caseproj/public_html/pm/environment/library/database/adapters/AbstractDBAdapter.class.php(296): AbstractDBAdapter->prepareAndExecute('SELECT `og_time...', NULL)
#1 /home8/caseproj/public_html/pm/environment/library/database/DB.class.php(194): AbstractDBAdapter->executeAll('SELECT `og_time...', NULL)
#2 /home8/caseproj/public_html/pm/application/models/timeslot/Timeslots.class.php(190): DB::executeAll('SELECT `og_time...')
#3 /home8/caseproj/public_html/pm/application/controllers/ReportingController.class.php(318): Timeslots::getTaskTimeslots(Object(Project), Object(User), '11, 9, 10, 12, ...', Object(DateTimeValue), Object(DateTimeValue), 0, Array, NULL, 0, 0, '0')
#4 /home8/caseproj/public_html/pm/environment/classes/controller/Controller.class.php(69): ReportingController->total_task_times()
#5 /home8/caseproj/public_html/pm/environment/classes/controller/PageController.class.php(62): Controller->execute('total_task_time...')
#6 /home8/caseproj/public_html/pm/environment/classes/Env.class.php(121): PageController->execute('total_task_time...')
#7 /home8/caseproj/public_html/pm/init.php(150): Env::executeAction('reporting', 'total_task_time...')
#8 /home8/caseproj/public_html/pm/index.php(9): require('/home8/caseproj...')
#9 {main}
Autoglobal varibles:
$_GET: Array (
  ['active_project'] => (string) '0'
  ['ajax'] => (string) 'true'
  ['c'] => (string) 'reporting'
  ['a'] => (string) 'total_task_times'
  ['current'] => (string) 'time-panel'
)
$_POST: Array (
  ['report'] => Array (
    ['date_type'] => (string) '1'
    ['timeslot_type'] => (string) '0'
    ['start_value'] => (string) '01/21/2009'
    ['end_value'] => (string) '01/21/2009'
    ['user'] => (string) '2'
    ['project_id'] => (string) '11'
    ['include_subworkspaces'] => (string) 'checked'
    ['group_by_1'] => (string) '0'
    ['group_by_2'] => (string) '0'
    ['group_by_3'] => (string) '0'
    ['alt_group_by_1'] => (string) '0'
    ['alt_group_by_2'] => (string) '0'
    ['alt_group_by_3'] => (string) '0'
  )
  ['workspace-filter'] => (string) 'Filter workspaces...'
)
$_COOKIE: Array (
  ['PHPSESSID'] => (string) 'ac580f9a9347bb96d717a7024e7fe666'
  ['id'] => (string) '2'
  ['token'] => (string) 'd2925e5c9e049044ce42e087a53ce4ee58b9294e'
  ['remember'] => (string) '1'
)
$_SESSION: Array (
  ['cal_version'] => true
  ['month'] => (string) '1'
  ['year'] => (string) '2009'
  ['day'] => (string) '19'
  ['total_task_times_report_data'] => Array (
    ['date_type'] => (string) '1'
    ['timeslot_type'] => (string) '0'
    ['start_value'] => (string) '01/21/2009'
    ['end_value'] => (string) '01/21/2009'
    ['user'] => (string) '2'
    ['project_id'] => (string) '11'
    ['include_subworkspaces'] => (string) 'checked'
    ['group_by_1'] => (string) '0'
    ['group_by_2'] => (string) '0'
    ['group_by_3'] => (string) '0'
    ['alt_group_by_1'] => (string) '0'
    ['alt_group_by_2'] => (string) '0'
    ['alt_group_by_3'] => (string) '0'
  )
)
Execution time:
Total execution time: 0.238212 seconds

enodren

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 01:03:02 am »
My partner just sent over the log file, which I have attached as a .txt. Let me know if this sheds any light.

Steve

carlos

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2009, 11:44:14 am »
Thanks for the reply!

The problem you found has a fix in version 1.1. I could not find the problem in my first post because I mistakenly followed the steps on that one (and not 1.1 beta as you posted) and everything worked OK. So, to install opengoo 1.1 you should follow these steps:

0. backup your database and copy your opengoo directory to another directory (just in case!)
1. Download the 1.1 version from here: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=191520&package_id=224940&release_id=650319
2. Overwrite your opengoo folder with the one you downloaded and replace all files. This will upgrade only the application files, all content and configuration files will be preserved.

enodren

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 09:18:03 pm »
Awesome. Works. Thanks!