Author Topic: Where can I find stored files?  (Read 14511 times)

lusmo

• View Profile
Where can I find stored files?
« on: January 12, 2009, 10:32:13 am »
Hello,

where can I find stored files, that I uploaded into the system?
Option "filesystem" is selected, but I can not find uploaded files  ???

Thank You very muchfor Your answer.

PS: My OS is Linux CentOS 5.2/64bit, Apache with PHP and MySQL.
OpenGoo is stored in /var/www/html/opengoo

bayonian

• View Profile
Re: Where can I find stored files?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 06:36:12 am »
Not sure about v 1.1 but in 1.2 RC1 it's in opengoo\public\files

Cheer. :)

lusmo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 06:38:30 am »
Thank you for your reply.
I also found it too. Thank You! :)

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 09:56:46 am »
Hi, in 'public/files' you can find avatars, logos, etc. In the 'upload' folder you can find all files (Documents) uploaded to opengoo, but are stored with encrypted filenames and without extension, so it's not easy to handle them directly.

Manne

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 03:46:38 pm »
Hello,

why do you need to store the files with encrypted filenames and without extension? Why can't you just leave the files as they are so we can use any FTP client to download all important personal files to somewhere else without using opengoo. If something goes wrong with opengoo ...

Regards

Manne

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 09:01:42 am »
This has been discussed on another post. I think it's not a priority and it would be too much work to change it, though an option would be to add a third file storage mechanism (besides database and the existing file system storage) that would store files in the upload folder but keeping the filename and extension. To avoid name collisions the file's ID could be prepended to the filename. But again, we don't see this as a priority for the moment, but if we receive a contribution from a developer who implements this we will gladly add it to OpenGoo. That developer would receive our help on what needs to be done (It's just implementing a PHP class).

lusmo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 09:41:10 am »
Yes, there is a serious problem. My files disappeared. Including revisions.
And I can not restore it.. :-(

lusmo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 09:55:03 am »
For example: I have file namedf  "PVC - evidence nabidek.html"
How can I find appropriate file in /upload an how can I decode it?
(Can I check it and possibly fix this file...  but I do not how can I do it.. ? :-/)

Karl

• ICQ Messenger - 464979879
    • View Profile
Implementing MyDMS?
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2009, 03:00:54 pm »
Maybe some developer could implement MyDMS which is already implemented in other groupware like eGroupWare:

http://mydms.sourceforge.net/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mydms

Karl

lusmo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2009, 06:57:05 pm »
Hello, thank You for reply.
I found a file that disappeared and I copied its contents to a new file.
I am afraid that this happens again in the future :-(

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 09:56:09 am »
Hi lusmo,

In the upload folder there's a file called 'attributes.php'. There you can see filenames and filetypes of each file. How did your files disappear? What do you mean by it? Note that if you change the storage mechanism (Administration -> Configuration -> General) you will lose access to previous files unless you go back to your previous storage mechanism (There's a warning text saying this).

Here I'm attaching a tool to export OpenGoo files (only the last revision) to the filesystem (tmp/export folder). You need to place this file in 'public/tools' and add 'export.php' to 'access.php'. It will create all files with its OpenGoo filename, and in case of duplicate filenames it appends a dash and a number to the filename. This will export only the current state of OpenGoo files, you need to run it every time you want to access files this way. The best solution to your needs would be my previous suggestion of another storage mechanism.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 12:01:26 pm by ignacio »

lusmo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2009, 11:58:47 am »
Hello,

In the upload folder there's a file called 'attributes.php'. There you can see filenames and filetypes of each file.

Yes, I found it, thank You!

How did your files disappear?
I dont know.  Simply disappear..  Screen was blank. I dont know why.. :-(

What do you mean by it? Note that if you change the storage mechanism (Administration -> Configuration -> General) you will lose access to previous files unless you go back to your previous storage mechanism (There's a warning text saying this).

Nothing was changed.
Users works with OpenGoo, only.
Suddenly a single file could not be opened and the screen was white only.

Here I'm attaching a tool to export OpenGoo files (only the last revision) to the filesystem (tmp/export folder). You need to place this file in 'public/tools' and add 'export.php' to 'access.php'. It will create all files with its OpenGoo filename, and in case of duplicate filenames it appends a dash and a number to the filename. This will export only the current state of OpenGoo files, you need to run it every time you want to access files this way. The best solution to your needs would be my previous suggestion of another storage mechanism.

Thank You very much! I
I have to do it manually before it and it seems to be OK! :-)

But I am afraid that this happens again in the future..

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2009, 01:23:37 pm »
I'm still not sure of what went blank in OpenGoo. Is it that you go to the Documents tab and you don't see any files? If this is the case please help me see what is causing this, so that if it is a bug we can fix it.

Assuming that the problem is that you don't see any documents listed in the documents tab, please try going in your browser to '<your opengoo>/index.php?ajax=true&c=files&a=list_files' and tell me if you see any error messages. Rest assured that your files are safe, it's just that they aren't displayed.

lusmo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2009, 01:59:11 pm »
I'm still not sure of what went blank in OpenGoo. Is it that you go to the Documents tab and you don't see any files?

No, I can see all my files. When I want to edit one of this files (I can lock file or not before it), then I can see only blank page. No content, no editor. No revisions...

This problem occurred only in one file, which was shared by several users. I am sorry, I have no screenshot of this.. :-(

If this is the case please help me see what is causing this, so that if it is a bug we can fix it.

This is a problem. I dont know what happened. I am sorry!
I try použít OpenGoo in my company for sharing our documents.. :-)

Assuming that the problem is that you don't see any documents listed in the documents tab,

No, it is not this problem..., but Thank You!

.. please try going in your browser to '<your opengoo>/index.php?ajax=true&c=files&a=list_files' and tell me if you see any error messages. Rest assured that your files are safe, it's just that they aren't displayed

I don't know, if I can still do this... It is another problem.
But I can do it, if You wish.

Thank You! :-)

Ludek (lusmo)

« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 02:01:02 pm by lusmo »

lusmo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2009, 09:45:46 am »
Hello,
I have another but similar problem  :'(.
You can see the attached image.
I have no idea why it happened..  :'(

« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 10:32:51 am by lusmo »