Author Topic: Some more 1.2 beta bugs  (Read 7088 times)

mailnet_uk

• View Profile
    • Email
Some more 1.2 beta bugs
« on: January 24, 2009, 02:50:20 pm »
While using 1.2b so far, I've noticed a couple of issues.

1. When I click on a tag in the tag list on the bottom left, I get an "internal server error."

2. In the "general" system settings, I get the text: "<span style="font-weight: bolder; color: red;">Missing lang: config option name time_format_use_24</span>" next to the option above "enable e-mail".

As another poster has noticed, the HTML in the error message should not be escaped, so you just see the text "Missing lang..." in bold/red text.

3. If I go to a module tab (e.g. notes) then flick back to the dashboard, I get 2 internal server errors.

4. I get an internal server error when clicking on the Contacts module

5. After setting up an IMAP account, I cannot see any e-mails.  When I hit "check email accounts" it tells me I have none set up, although it is there!

Also with the e-mail, I cannot edit the account - I get an internal server error.

I only get the errors in 3 and 4 as the main administrator user, my normal user works fine, but still gets the error in 1.

Also a suggestion you probably already know of - "enable e-mail module" should really be in the "module management" screen.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 03:29:22 pm by mailnet_uk »

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: Some more 1.2 beta bugs
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 11:02:34 am »
Hi, try setting DEBUG to true in 'config/config.php', so that you get error messages.

The config option for 24 hour time formats is now a user config option, so that one that gave you a missing lang will be deleted for next release, as well as the enable email module one (that is already present on the modules category)..

In order for IMAP to work you need PHP's imap extension installed. For version 1.3 it won't be required anymore.

Thanks for reporting

mailnet_uk

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 03:32:43 pm »
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  I've enabled debug mode - here are the errors and stack-traces:

For issue #1:

Code: [Select]
Query failed with message 'Unknown column 'oid' in 'where clause''
Error params:
File: /srv/www/htdocs/networkmail.eu/extranet/test/environment/library/database/adapters/AbstractDBAdapter.class.php
Line: 386

Stack-trace:

#0 /srv/www/htdocs/networkmail.eu/extranet/test/environment/library/database/adapters/AbstractDBAdapter.class.php(272): AbstractDBAdapter->prepareAndExecute('SELECT count(*)...', NULL)
#1 /srv/www/htdocs/networkmail.eu/extranet/test/environment/library/database/DB.class.php(146): AbstractDBAdapter->execute('SELECT count(*)...', NULL)
#2 /srv/www/htdocs/networkmail.eu/extranet/test/application/controllers/ContactController.class.php(194): DB::execute('SELECT count(*)...')
#3 /srv/www/htdocs/networkmail.eu/extranet/test/application/controllers/ContactController.class.php(103): ContactController->countContactObjects('Internal Develo...', NULL, NULL)
#4 /srv/www/htdocs/networkmail.eu/extranet/test/environment/classes/controller/Controller.class.php(69): ContactController->list_all()
#5 /srv/www/htdocs/networkmail.eu/extranet/test/environment/classes/controller/PageController.class.php(62): Controller->execute('list_all')
#6 /srv/www/htdocs/networkmail.eu/extranet/test/environment/classes/Env.class.php(125): PageController->execute('list_all')
#7 /srv/www/htdocs/networkmail.eu/extranet/test/init.php(148): Env::executeAction('contact', 'list_all')
#8 /srv/www/htdocs/networkmail.eu/extranet/test/index.php(9): require('/srv/www/htdocs...')
#9 {main}

For issue #3:

Same error as #1, stack-trace:

#0 /srv/www/htdocs/networkmail.eu/extranet/test/environment/library/database/adapters/AbstractDBAdapter.class.php(272): AbstractDBAdapter->prepareAndExecute('SELECT 'Commen...', NULL)
#1 /srv/www/htdocs/networkmail.eu/extranet/test/environment/library/database/DB.class.php(146): AbstractDBAdapter->execute('SELECT 'Commen...', NULL)
#2 /srv/www/htdocs/networkmail.eu/extranet/test/application/models/comments/Comments.class.php(75): DB::execute('SELECT 'Commen...')
#3 /srv/www/htdocs/networkmail.eu/extranet/test/application/controllers/DashboardController.class.php(71): Comments::getSubscriberComments(NULL, 'Internal Develo...')
#4 /srv/www/htdocs/networkmail.eu/extranet/test/environment/classes/controller/Controller.class.php(69): DashboardController->index()
#5 /srv/www/htdocs/networkmail.eu/extranet/test/environment/classes/controller/PageController.class.php(62): Controller->execute('index')
#6 /srv/www/htdocs/networkmail.eu/extranet/test/environment/classes/Env.class.php(125): PageController->execute('index')
#7 /srv/www/htdocs/networkmail.eu/extranet/test/init.php(148): Env::executeAction('dashboard', 'index')
#8 /srv/www/htdocs/networkmail.eu/extranet/test/index.php(9): require('/srv/www/htdocs...')
#9 {main}

For isse #4:

Same error as #1 and 3, stack-trace:

#0 /srv/www/htdocs/networkmail.eu/extranet/test/environment/library/database/adapters/AbstractDBAdapter.class.php(272): AbstractDBAdapter->prepareAndExecute('SELECT count(*)...', NULL)
#1 /srv/www/htdocs/networkmail.eu/extranet/test/environment/library/database/DB.class.php(146): AbstractDBAdapter->execute('SELECT count(*)...', NULL)
#2 /srv/www/htdocs/networkmail.eu/extranet/test/application/controllers/ContactController.class.php(194): DB::execute('SELECT count(*)...')
#3 /srv/www/htdocs/networkmail.eu/extranet/test/application/controllers/ContactController.class.php(103): ContactController->countContactObjects('Internal Develo...', NULL, NULL)
#4 /srv/www/htdocs/networkmail.eu/extranet/test/environment/classes/controller/Controller.class.php(69): ContactController->list_all()
#5 /srv/www/htdocs/networkmail.eu/extranet/test/environment/classes/controller/PageController.class.php(62): Controller->execute('list_all')
#6 /srv/www/htdocs/networkmail.eu/extranet/test/environment/classes/Env.class.php(125): PageController->execute('list_all')
#7 /srv/www/htdocs/networkmail.eu/extranet/test/init.php(148): Env::executeAction('contact', 'list_all')
#9 {main}

As you can see it all points to a missing database column "oid".

I did run the 1.1 to 1.2 upgrade script after I'd updated the files (by visiting /public/upgrade), and it told me that my database was already up-to-date, so perhaps the database updates haven't been applied correctly?

For issue #5 - my bad I hadn't realised IMAP wasn't installed.  However I should still have the option to edit the account, even if IMAP isn't supported.  For example what if a user did legitimately create an account as IMAP when it should have been POP, but they didn't have IMAP on their server so you couldn't go back to change it, or delete the account?

A suggestion - why not detect if IMAP support is available, and if it isn't, only let users create POP accounts?  You could use PHP's function_exists passing in "imap_open" to accomplish this.

Many thanks,
Andy

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 11:07:45 am »
Hi, This 'oid' column bug was corrected in 1.2 beta 2.

And thanks for your suggestion for IMAP accounts. It will be implemented (at least letting you delete the imap account).