Author Topic: 500 Internal Server Error  (Read 6242 times)

iant

• View Profile
500 Internal Server Error
« on: August 12, 2009, 12:10:25 pm »
Hi,

I have just drownloaded unpacked and uploaded OpenGoo

However when i navigate to the private/install page to start the installation i get the following error.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@******.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

The website is hosted by The Prime Host, I have checked with them and they confirm the server is installed with the following:-

Server version: Apache/2.2.11 (Unix)
PHP 5.2.9 (cli) (built: Jul 8 2009 12:44:00)
Server version: 5.0.81-community MySQL Community Edition (GPL)
| have_innodb | YES

Could some advise me what the problem could be??

Thanks
Ian

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
Re: 500 Internal Server Error
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 01:24:08 pm »
Did you set up your MySQL database before running the install?
See my sig for how to turn on error reporting, and post any messages from there.
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

iant

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 02:56:46 pm »
Hello,

Thanks for your message,

Yes i have a MySQL set up and ready to go, I just need to start the install and enter the MySQL details but i can't even start the install?

I have checked in the config folder and there is only the file empty.config file NO config.php file so unable to turn on debugging??

Thanks
Ian

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 07:03:01 pm »
- If it were me I'd re-upload the OG files again, perhaps something got corrupted during the upload.
- make sure there's an index.php in your public/install folder
- some hosts require you to specify acceptable start pages for sites (like index.html, etc), in your site control panel you may have to add index.php
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

kmilkos

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 03:43:46 am »
The problem here is that he can't even start the installation. So there is no config.php made yet.

And i have the same problem. Although in my host i did install OG 1.4.2 i cant get to install 1.5.2 and 1.5.3. any clues?

AnotherUser

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 07:08:13 pm »
Just out of curiosity, what do your apache error  logs say?

sanyam

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 08:59:15 pm »
I have got a way to go around this error. I simply install version 1.3 and once the installation is completed, I upgrade to the latest version.

a2opinion

• Christian
    • View Profile
    • A Second Opinion
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 01:18:19 pm »
I'm having this exact same problem.  My server is set up exactly the same as iant's as well.

I have a MySQL DB set up, I've re-downloaded the package for 1.5.3 and re-uploaded it to my server and unpacked it, but I keep getting the same error.

Next I decided to try sanyam's solution and I've downloaded 1.3.1 and uploaded/unpacked it to my server.  This time I was able to go through the whole installation process.

Once it was complete I went to Adminstration>Upgrade>Automatic Upgrade; and I was taken through the auto-upgrade process. Once it was complete I was treated to only the header getting loaded with nothing but whiteness below.

So now I'm off to try and repair THAT problem...

billymuyo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2009, 04:22:14 pm »
I had the same problem. Reviewing the server logs, it appears that a number of files and directories have the wrong permissions:

/opengoo
opengoo/index.php
opengoo/public
opengoo/public/install
opengoo/public/install/index.php

These all need to have their Group Write Permission turned off.

I'm not sure if this is a problem caused by the unzipping process, or a problem with the original packing of the files. I seem to remember having this same kinda problem with an early version of MediaWiki.

- bgh

a2opinion

• Christian
    • View Profile
    • A Second Opinion
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 11:14:29 am »
Thanks billymuyo,

after running the auto upgrade from 1.4.2 to 1.5.3 I was getting a response that told me everything was fine, but I kept getting errors saying that the system couldn't get the 'length' of undefined...  and nothing in the content section was working...

I went through and looked at the permissions of the files/folders that you mentioned and found that several of them were set to 644 so that they weren't executable by anyone.  I changed them all to 755 and everything seems to be back on track.. though I am still unable to send out a test email or get notifications.. so on to fixing that problem......   :(